There are many components to professional dive education, especially with regards to the IDC, as such we don’t offer multiple packages as we feel that each of our candidates deserve the best IDC program available.
For this reason we offer only one program which we feel incorporates all the key necessary components to give you the best IDC program possible.
PADI Instructor Development Online
At Instructor Development Philippines we believe in being at the forefront of the dive industry and as such we have adopted the PADI IDC Online into all of our IDC Program packages. The IDC online reduces classroom sessions and allows more time for interaction with Course Directors and IDC Staff during the course. By incorporating the IDC Online into our programs candidates have more time to practice skills, study dive theory, prepare presentations or even go out for a fun dive during the IDC.
Whether you prefer to complete it at home or during the preparation days is up to you. All online presentations must be completed prior to the start of the IDC. When you register for your IDC Program we will give you your access pass to complete the IDC Online.
We understand that not everyone has reliable access to the internet. For this reason we also offer the option to participate in the IDC Online lectures in person within our IDC classroom. These presentations will be delivered by our IDC Staff and Course Directors live and in person at no additional cost. These live presentations are conducted two days prior to the Preparation Days.
Go Pro Package
- IDC – 10 days
- IDC Online – completed prior to arrival
- EFRI – 2 days
- FREE Emergency Oxygen Provider Specialty Instructor Course
- FREE Project AWARE Dive Against Debris Specialty Instructor Course
- FREE Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor Rating (no additional PADI fees)
- FREE Project AWARE Specialty Instructor Rating (no additional PADI fees)
- FREE 10 fun dive package including sanctuary fees that can be taken before, during or after your IDC.
- FREE IDC Preparation course – 3 days covering dive theory, dive skills, ascent & descent techniques, knot tying, lift bag use, and a rescue skills refresher >Use of a personal tablet for the duration of the IDC with all the latest PADI student manuals, course videos, Touch products and Instructor Manual
- IDC workshops including DSD workshop, Adventure Dive workshop, Rescue Exercise workshop and a CESA clinic
- Job Placement and Assistance Program
- Dive Center Management Program a unique 2 day program conducted at two different 5* Dive Resorts
- Dive Theory Study Program with custom designed study materials and exams
- Daily transfers between Atmosphere & Liquid during IDC program and IE
- Lunch on course days including prep (15 days)
- IDP welcome kit with T-shirt, pencil kit and cap
- Coffee, tea, water, cookies and snacks during the IDC
- All sanctuary fees during your IDC and IE
- Discounts at both Liquid and Atmosphere bar & restaurants and dive shop
- Instructor Examination Party
Working in the Philippines
We at IDP have employed many of our own candidates over the years; after all if we teach the best then we want the best to work for us. Both Atmosphere and Liquid prefer to hire candidates that we have trained through IDP. As two of the highest certifying dive resorts in the country we currently employ 15 full time instructors 12 of which are graduates of IDP. We also utilize a number of freelance instructors in the area again with preference given to our instructor candidates.
Over the years IDP has gained a good reputation for producing outstanding instructors. As such we have many colleagues within the industry who reach out to us when they are searching for new instructors to employ. Many of our previous candidates have found full time work within this region and the country through our diving network. And several now own or manage dive centers in the Philippines.
Working as an Instructor is a fantastic way of life and with so many job opportunities out there it is important to find a position that you enjoy. A resort will look for an Instructor that fits in with their existing team and an Instructor should look for a resort that they feel happy working with.
Of course we cannot guarantee all our candidates employment, however, we know the diving industry in the Philippines extremely well and have long standing connections throughout the country. We reside and have lived in the Philippines year-round for many years. Due to our solid reputation our candidates are highly sought after.
You will need to arrange
- IDC APPLICATION FEE AUS$ 249
- PADI IE FEE AUS$ 865
- EFRI APPLICATION FEE AUS$ 172
- SPECIALITY INSTRUCTOR RATING AUS$ 99
All fees must be paid directly to PADI via credit card.
Are there any extra expenses?
We do not include the IDC crew pack in our package as we have found some candidates prefer to bring their own materials with them. We can of course order the IDC Crew Pack for you at approximately Php 25,000 – 30,000 depending on the current exchange rate.
Please let us know in advance if you will be requiring materials.
Php – 5, 000/week
We offer all our IDC candidates the option to gain hands on work experience through our unique Learn to Teach Program. Candidates have the opportunity to work alongside our experienced instructors in 2 very different resort environments. The first two weeks are complimentary, but for those wishing to extend their time and gain even more experience through this unique opportunity, additional weeks can be added.
Php – 4,000/Specialty
If you strive to make the most out of your dive career than you need to be able to teach the courses that your students are interested in. Not only will you be more marketable as an instructor but you will be able to teach more of what you love. Being confident in teaching specialties is a fantastic way to start you dive career. These courses are scheduled following the IDC. We recommend taking the MSDT for a special package deal!
Php – 10,000
If you want to give yourself every advantage in the industry you can really hit the ground running by working towards becoming a Master Scuba Diver Trainer. In our MSDT Preparation Program you will earn an additional 4 Specialty Instructor ratings including Enriched Air Nitrox Specialty Instructor, Deep Specialty Instructor and Night Specialty Instructor. This Program packages several Specialty Instructor ratings at a reduced price and is scheduled following the IDC. Add the complimentary Project AWARE Dive Against Debris Instructor and you’ve got all ratings you’ll need to start applying once you’ve hit 25 certifications.
All PADI must be paid directly to PADI via credit card.
- $249 AUD - IDC Application Fee
- $865 AUD - Instructor Exam Fee
- $172 AUD - EFR Instructor Application Fee
- $99 AUD - Specialty Instructor Courses fees per specialty (discounted rate when conducting specialty training with a Course Director)
These rates are set by PADI and as such change slightly annually.